When Roanoke received its NationalHumane Alliance fountain in 1910 it was first placed at Commerce Street (Second Street today) and Norfolk Avenue.
In November 2010the fountain was in Highland Park and was restored to working order after the city donated the fountain. Joel and Bob Richert were the leaders of the effort.
Click here for a news story about the fountain.
For more on the National Humane Alliance Fountains click here.