The Portland, Oregon fountain was installed by a crew from the city engineer's office at the intersection of Sixth and Ankeny Streets in 1908. The effort to get the fountain was spearheaded by Corresponding Secretary Shanahan of the Oregon Humane Society. Plan were being made to dedicate the fountain during the city's Rose Festival with Mayor Lane accepting, but we are not sure if that happened or not.
We don't know exactly how the fountain fared through the years, but we do know that the Oregon Humane Society did restore it in 2007
We believe that it's on the grounds of the Humane Society and looks to be in good shape though possibly without water. It does have an additional plaque on the base of the fountain.
For more on the National Humane Alliance Fountains click here.