Ottumwa, Iowa received their fountain in October, 1906 and installed it in front of City Hall at the intersection of Court and Third Streets. Lewis Seaver from the National Humane Alliance had visited Ottumwa to select and approve the site.
The fountain still exists today, but it stands on the grounds of the Ottumwa Museum. We want to thank Brittany Luna for finding the fountain as it is today and submitting this picture.
And to the City of Ottumwa for these close ups:
Click here for an early story about the fountain's arrival in Ottumwa.
For more on the National Humane Alliance Fountains click here.