Carson City, NV


Carson City fountain in 1915 from the Western Nevada Historic Photo collection

Carson City dedicated its National Humane Alliance fountain on Labor Day, 1909. It was originally located in the center of the Carson/King Street intersection. When the Attorney General's building was constructed and King Street was closed around 1936, the fountain was moved out of the street.

It was restored sometime in the 1990s and then in 2016 the plumbing and electric wiring were restored so that the water would flow once more.

Click here for more information about this historic fountain.

For more on the National Humane Alliance Fountains click here.


Back to Derby Home page                                                                                winner_logo.jpg (15821 bytes)